We are pleased to be able to offer Bosqueville High School students the opportunity to enroll in dual credit classes. A dual credit class is a course in which a student receives both high school and college credit. Currently, Bosqueville High School students have the opportunity to enroll in the dual credit program through McLennan Community College (MCC). Students may begin taking dual credit courses in their sophomore year of high school.
Students enrolled in dual credit classes receive many benefits: a head start on college course work and reasonable tuition and fees; however, dual credit candidates also need to take precautions to avoid potential pitfalls:
- Dual credit students are building a college transcript, and grades earned will be recorded permanently on the college academic record.
- Many classes taken as dual credit will transfer to a student's future college and/or major, but some do not. It is the student's responsibility to research potential colleges and majors to investigate whether or not a dual credit class will transfer and be helpful in meeting future academic goals.
More information about dual credit at MCC can be found at http://www.mclennan.edu/dual-credit/
Spring paperwork for the 2018-2019 School Year is due to Mrs. Granger by TBD.
The process for completing the dual credit process is as follows:
- Attend the Dual Credit Orientation Meeting during the spring pre-registration process
- If you were unable to attend, please contact Mrs. Granger for additional information.
- Review the dual credit packet obtained from the counseling office and the MCC Dual Credit Checklist
- Complete the college application
- Make arrangements to take the TSI (Texas Success Initiative) assessment
- Students can be exempt from taking TSI through an EOC, ACT or SAT test score
- Complete the High School Pathways Enrollment Form
- Complete the Tuition Waiver Application if applicable
- Get the Bacterial Meningitis Vaccine if taking courses on the college campus
- Turn in all application materials to the counselor by the assigned deadline!
View the Dual Credit Presentation by clicking the link below:
Parent Meeting Presentation – February 28, 2018
Print the enrollment packet by choosing the approaite link below: (to be updated)
TSI Pre-Assessment Activity (Must complete before registering for the TSI)